Route length: 211 km (422 km round trip)
Travel time to the location: 4-5 hours
Seasonality: all year round
Best time to travel: April 15 – June 15, September 1 – October 30
Walking duration: 1 day.
Charyn canyon is located 195 km from Almaty, and this place is definitely worth a visit. The stunning beauty of the landscape will take you into the atmosphere of the wild West, because the Charyn canyon, without a doubt, can be put on a par with the famous Grand canyon in the United States of America.
Some facts about the canyon:
• the length of the canyon is 154 km along the Charyn river;
• it is a natural monument composed of sedimentary rocks that are about 12 million years old;
• is actually the bottom of the Tethys proto-ocean;
• the height of the steep mountains of the canyon reaches 150-300 meters;
• the most beautiful place is considered to be the valley of Castles, its length is about 3 km, width-20-80 m.
Hashtags / keywords to search for:
#garintrip_Чарын #Sharyn #christycanyon
Charyn canyon, valley of castles